A collection of links related to animation and production technology… Sponsored by ReelMatters.com
We’re incredibly proud of these products, and even more proud of what you all have MADE with them. But we recognize that the portfolio has become complex. We are making some changes to simplify our Autodesk portfolio and workflows for people everywhere who love to make things. We are consolidating these tools and features into key apps such as Tinkercad, Fusion 360, and ReMake.
Today, we are sharing the news that in early 2017, after we complete this consolidation, we’ll be shutting down 123Dapp.com
A company is built from people first, machines after and walls last.
I think I am worse than others, but Im not sure how many are better than me.
When a person has goals to reach, he cannot get old.
The best Ferrari ever built is the next one.
Dont dont do good if you are not ready for ingratitude.
The first thing I do when struck by an overpowering feeling or impulse is to accept responsibility for its existence. My mental script is, “This is about me, not about that or them.”
Emotions are the result of both what happens, and of the story you tell yourself about what happened.
As I asked, “What is the right thing to do…” I felt an immediate release from resentment and anger. A calming humility emerged. And, I began to ask questions rather than present my defense.
“This can’t hurt me” and “Humility is strength not weakness” had an immediate calming effect. Reciting a specific script in moments of emotional provocation weakens trauma-induced reaction that is not relevant in the present moment.
Be clear and concise
1. Get to the real issue. it boils down to “unmet needs
2. Consider if it really bothers you. Try to let it go and see how that goes
3. Don’t dismiss a key issue for you. If “you’re dreaming about it, and you’re thinking about it, you’ll have to talk about it,”
4. Use the softened startup.
5. Be patient.
6. Push through the avoidance. staying conflict-free isn’t a marker of a happy relationship
7. Listen, don’t fix. Before you talk about the solutions, make sure you both understand each other and your core concerns.
8. Collaborate on a solution.
9. Don’t focus on the fiery feelings. “Anger, frustration or irritation may be there, but those are not the most important feelings. The more important feelings will be something softer and more vulnerable like anxiety, fear, hurt or sadness.”
10. Set up some structure.
11. Get help.
IES profiles are useful for creating life-like lighting, as they can represent the physical distribution of light from any light source.
The IES format was created by the Illumination Engineering Society, and most lighting manufacturers provide IES profile for the lights they manufacture.
The truth is that important innovations are rarely created in weeks or months. It usually takes about 30 years.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe